IFYE-vaihtari Porissa

Hello!

I am Judith - an IFYE from South of Germany. Now I am for ten weeks in Finland - in four different host families. My first two host families are living in Pori and in Hyvelä. That´s the reason why you can read it at this blog.

So I spent almost three weeks in the region of Pori and after this time I could say: It was a nice place with a lot of things to do :)

What I have done here:

- visited different places in Pori, e.g. Kirjurinluoto, Pori Forest, nature-museum Arkki, Toivo-museum, city center,...

- Reposaari with its fortification, Norway-styled church and beach

- Kallo with the small lighthouse and its big and beautiful cliffs

- wonderful beach of Yyteri

- national park Baltic Sea, near Yyteri - very nice and natural place for hiking

- Rauma with its fascinating old city

- Noormarkku

- played Discgolf - a cool idea

- visited a horse race in Kokemäki

- sailed with the sailing ship "Ihana"

- swam in sea and lakes, canoed and sauna

- celebrated Midsummer in a Mökki at lake - that´s a very nice tradition, only the weather was bad...

- supported my host families at various actions, e.g. in horses stable, in household, at garden- and renovation-work

Also I learned more about your 4H club because in Germany we don´t have this organization. But I think it is a great idea because you can do a lot of different things with people in your age. For example the girl in my first host family cares for nine graves at Poris graveyard. Also Essi from 4H offered me to show me some new places - that was very friendly. Additionally Sanna from my second host family works for 4H because of that we also went to a 4H camp in region.

Teksti ja kuvat: IFYE-vaihtari Judith

Kommentit